In the coming months, Boston Consulting Group will be guiding laboratory representatives from all over the world through a “lab of the future” demo setup in the National Institute for Bioprocessing Research and Training (Nibrt), Ireland.
From innovative ways to use RFID for sample reception and employee recognition to fully automated personalized scheduling and state of the real-time art dashboards, the “lab of the future” contains all ingredients to show how to efficiently run laboratories in the coming years.
- Impinj is a leading provider of RAIN RFID (passive UHF) solutions for identifying, locating and authenticating everyday items. At Impinj, the vision is digital life for everyday items. They connect everyday items to the digital world allowing businesses to analyze and use data about those items to improve efficiencies, increase sales, and delight customers. They have many market opportunities including retail, healthcare, supply chain and logistics, industrial manufacturing, and more
- Binocs is the number 1 laboratory scheduling and dashboarding solution on the market
An example flow
- Technicians are identified upon entry by individual RFID wristband.
- Samples arrive and are registered using RFID
- Samples are batched in runs automatically and translated to activities to be scheduled
- The Binocs Artificial Intelligence algorithm optimally assigns technicians and equipment to the tasks
- When a technician arrives at his workstation and scans his wristband, he gets his personalized schedule overview
- All KPIs (such as efficiency, service level, …) are shown on big screens to be followed up by everyone
We’re very proud to be part of this initiative. Together we hope to lead the way in optimizing the lab of the future.
Curious to know more, we’ll be very glad to talk or organize a visit. Contact us here.