Our enterprise SaaS product BINOCS helps teams to ‘Nail their operational performance’. With a scheduling co-bot, “what-if”based scenario planning, actionable analytics and zero-code integrations, we’re pushing the boundaries in resource planning for QC labs, R&D labs and Cell Gene Therapy. We need developers to further develop our industry-leading SaaS solution BINOCS, in a fast-paced and high-expectation environment. Are you the developer we’re looking for?
What will you do on a day-to-day basis?
- You will contribute in the full software development lifecycle (SDLC), the operations and 24/7 support for critical issues.
- Practice SCRUM/AGILE, use GIT as source control and Azure DevOps for CI/CD and backlog management.
- Collaborate within and across a diverse and international team.
- Bring your ideas to the discussion table when solving problems.
- Own and drive the development of your professional experience and knowledge to become a great senior engineer.
What we require
BINOCS is a SAAS product hosted on Azure, using PaaS and is powered by .NET, SQL Server, Angular and React. We’re looking for:
- Basic knowledge of C# building a web application.
- Basic knowledge of SQL scripting
- Basic knowledge of web front end technologies
- Basic knowledge of git
The following things are a plus:
- Basic knowledge of Azure.
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines preferably in Azure DEVOPS
- Azure infrastructure automation (ARM, Terraform or similar)
- Experience with oAuth2
- Experience with Azure DEVOPS
- The environment, culture, freedom, tools, trust, and support to do the best work of your career.
- A leading role with significant contribution to and impact on the product and the company.
- Modern offices in Mechelen (BE), Aalst (BE) and Dublin (IE).
- Flexibility to work remotely as appropriate
- A competitive salary, a company car with a fuel card, a pension plan, medical insurance, a phone with a subscription and a laptop.
- Room to enhance your personal and professional skills, but most importantly: a place to be yourself.
- Working on state-of-the-art cloud software.
- Recognition from global pharma clients as well as analysts such as Gartner and BCG.
About bluecrux and BINOCS
We’re Bluecrux. We build tomorrow’s value chains for a better future. In times of massive swings in business conditions and large leaps in technology, we help our customers make the transition to a digital business. We satisfy needs for digital transformation by offering premium advisory services to rethink business operating models, by building resilience in supply chains with our digital twin technology LOP.ai., and by digitalizing resource planning and scheduling processes with our cloud software, BINOCS.
BINOCS is the #1 cloud-based SaaS solution for digital resource planning & scheduling in laboratories and small-scale production. It is a digital twin that aligns work demand with the resource capacity of knowledge workers & equipment and comes with zero-code integration in the enterprise architecture (LIMS, PPM, CTMS, MES, etc.). BINOCS is a complete solution designed for the following niche use cases:
- QA/QC labs
- R&D labs
- Cell & Gene therapy
Our development culture and values
When you want to apply, you probably have loads of questions. Let us try to answer some already. In this post, we summarized our development culture and how our values translate into daily practices.
Our developers wear many hats. It’s important that the team carries the whole product. From building features, fixing (support) bugs, optimizing queries to maintaining Azure. We don’t silo within the team.
FLEXIBLE WORK ARRANGEMENTS
- Remote work is possible but face-to-face collaboration is encouraged.
- You can start whenever you want. We have a short stand-up meeting (remote) at 9 am, but if we need to rearrange we can discuss it with the team.
- We prevent meetings from overwhelming an engineer’s schedule and protect your ‘maker time’ as much as possible. We only do a short status update every morning at 9 am.
- Twice a week the engineering team has a coffee talk in which the participants rant freely or discuss interesting things that they have found
- Every 6 weeks we do a company-wide half-day meeting to learn from our colleagues (customer success managers, support, sales, marketing, …). These meetings are intended to learn, but also to socialize with colleagues and understand how we impact our customers.
- The product manager and product owners are closely involved with the development team.
- You’ll always have a clear view of the direction the product is going and why.
- Priorities can change but are always discussed together. New things coming in the sprint mean other stuff is going out.
- Unless you’re on call to execute a deploy or maintenance job outside business hours we respect your personal time.
- You can disable Slack during weekends and after 6 pm 😉
AGILE IS THE WAY
- We work in 6-week cycles. Every 6 weeks we release a batch of improvements to the user acceptance server (and 2 weeks later to the production server)
- The cycle is split into three 2-week sprints. Together with the product manager, the dev team defines the work for each sprint.
HIGH-POTENTIAL CODE BASE
- We’re not going to lie: we definitely have some legacy code you’ll have to ax your way through from time to time, but because of our modular architecture, we are still able to work with the latest technologies and play with the latest innovations.
- Code reviews are an important pillar. We always review each other’s code, style, naming, implementation, file commits, high-level understanding…
GOOD TEAMS USE GOOD TOOLING
- All good code is incubated in a good editor. At Binocs we use Visual studio and Resharper for our backend code. We mainly use Visual Studio Code and WebStorm to develop our front-end code. We use NPM and Nuget to manage our dependencies.
- Things that can be automated will be automated. Don’t flick an eye if you find multiple .bat files in our solution!
- To version our code there is only one viable option: TFVC… No way just kidding: GIT FTW! We collaborate on our code using a trunk-based strategy. We host our wiki, code, and pipelines on Azure DevOps.
- Good tooling also provides a way of life. We use TSLint to ensure proper frontend coding conventions and let Resharper decide them at the backend.
- Since we use trunk-based development, we can’t afford a faulty master branch. Every feature branch is built using an azure DevOps pipeline. These pipelines test and lint the code. After a completed pull request the code is ready to go to our test environment. Hereafter our QA assures we delivered our user stories per spec.
- After 3 sprints of development and QA, we release the code to our UAT environment. Two weeks later we’re ready to go to production.
- Oh and the best of it? Every single thing is automated. From the completion of the pull request until a new version is in production!
Apply here to become part of our tribe
Junior full stack developer(.NET/Angular/SQL)- BELGIUM