Our enterprise SaaS product BINOCS helps teams to ‘Nail their operational performance’. With a scheduling co-bot, “what-if” based scenario planning, actionable analytics and zero-code integrations, we’re pushing the boundaries in resource planning for QC labs, R&D labs and Cell Gene Therapy. The automatic resource scheduling algorithms play a crucial role in that mission. We’ve been honing the algorithms over the years, but we believe we can improve them drastically through new optimizer technologies using Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Constraint Programming techniques. By investigating and using the newest uncovered insights in the optimizer research, we will open up a whole range of new possibilities for our BINOCS users. Are you the schedule optimization engineer to build the next generation of resource scheduling algorithms?
What will you do on a day-to-day basis?
- It is your job to design, engineer, test and improve the actual model and algorithms
- You keep up with the latest optimization advances, with a particular focus on what might be applicable in our context. In particular, your enthusiasm for “what is possible” motivates you and we expect you to transfer that enthusiasm to your teammates
- You clearly communicate and set expectations. What realistic results can be expected? What are the greatest risks/unknowns?
What we require
- You hold a master/PhD degree in Computer Science (or related) – or you have a proven track record in a similar role.
- You have relevant experience in going beyond running local optimization experiments, but bringing algorithms to production.
- You have a broad awareness of the possibilities and limitations of AI, ML and constraint programming, and see how these can help us build even better features for our clients.
- You highly value the principles of clean code, continuous improvement and rapid prototyping.
The following skills would be a plus:
- Any experience with C# and SQL is a plus. Our backend is powered by .NET+SQL.
- Experience with Azure
- Experience working in agile teams
- The environment, culture, freedom, tools, trust, and support to do the best work of your career.
- A leading role with significant contribution to and impact on the product and the company.
- Modern offices in Mechelen (BE), Aalst (BE) and Dublin (IE).
- Flexibility to work remotely as appropriate
- A competitive salary, a company car with a fuel card, a pension plan, medical insurance, a phone with a subscription and a laptop.
- Room to enhance your personal and professional skills, but most importantly: a place to be yourself.
- Working on state-of-the-art cloud software.
Recognition from global pharma clients as well as analysts such as Gartner and BCG.
About bluecrux and BINOCS
We’re Bluecrux. We build tomorrow’s value chains for a better future. In times of massive swings in business conditions and large leaps in technology, we help our customers make the transition to a digital business. We satisfy needs for digital transformation by offering premium advisory services to rethink business operating models, by building resilience in supply chains with our digital twin technology LOP.ai., and by digitalizing resource planning and scheduling processes with our cloud software, BINOCS.
BINOCS is the #1 cloud-based SaaS solution for digital resource planning & scheduling in laboratories and small-scale production. It is a digital twin that aligns work demand with the resource capacity of knowledge workers & equipment and comes with zero-code integration in the enterprise architecture (LIMS, PPM, CTMS, MES, etc.). BINOCS is a complete solution designed for the following niche use cases:
- QA/QC labs
- R&D labs
- Cell & Gene therapy
Our development culture and values?
When you want to apply, you probably have loads of questions. Let us try to answer some already. Below we summarized our development culture and how our values translate into daily practices.
Our product delivery teams accept a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the product.
FLEXIBLE WORK ARRANGEMENTS
- Remote work is possible but face-to-face collaboration is encouraged.
- If possible, we do try to work together, at least 1 day a week. Great for some face-to-face bonding with your colleagues.
- You can start whenever you want. We have a short stand-up meeting (remote) at 10 am, but if we need to rearrange we can discuss it with the team.
- We prevent meetings from overwhelming an engineer’s schedule and protect your ‘maker time’ as much as possible. We only do a short status update every morning at 10 am.
- Twice a week the engineering team has a coffee talk in which the participants rant freely or discuss interesting things that they have found
- Every 6 weeks we do a company-wide half-day meeting to learn from our colleagues (customer success managers, support, sales, marketing, …). These meetings are intended to learn, but also to socialize with colleagues and understand how we impact our customers.
- The product managers are closely involved with the development team.
- You’ll always have a clear view of the direction the product is going and why.
- Priorities can change but are always discussed together. New things coming in the sprint mean other stuff is going out.
- Unless you’re on call to assist during a deploy or maintenance job outside business hours we respect your personal time.
- You can disable Slack during weekends and after 6 pm 😉
AGILE IS THE WAY
- We work in 6-week cycles. Every 6 weeks we release a batch of improvements to the user acceptance server (and 2 weeks later to the production server)
- The cycle is split into three 2-week sprints. Together with the product manager, the product delivery team defines the work for each sprint.
Apply here to become part of our tribe
Schedule optimization engineer (ML/AI/CP)- BELGIUM